MDH Network Employment Opportunities
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network has over 30 years experience dedicated to providing the highest quality care for individuals with developmental disabilities. We believe that in a structured and caring environment where self-worth and individuality are emphasized each individual can grow to his or her fullest potential. We are seeking highly motivated direct support professionals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others. Join the MDH Network team and become a part of a company that values and invests in the professional development of its employees.
1. Job Description
Community Integration Program
MDH-Day Program, Inc.
Program Director, Assistant Program Director, Field Supervisor, Field Trainer
$12.75 - $13.25 / hour (depending on experience)
2. General Summary
MDH Day Program provides a self-directed community integration program that promotes self-advocacy and a lifestyle of learning. Each individual in our program possesses a unique potential; a potential to create, grow, learn, and adapt. Our professional and personable Behavior Aide’s use person-centered thinking to establish a lasting relationship with each individual as they successfully integrate into their community. Our staff take pride in assisting each individual in achieving their maximum independence and safe community integration
3. Primary Accountabilities
- Act as a role model and encourage positive interactions with others.
- Be knowledgeable about assigned individuals medical condition and history.
- Become familiar with the program plan for each individual in the program.
- Assist individuals with job duties at job site; teaching all steps of the job tasks and how to complete them in a timely manner.
- Assist individuals with vocational training, socialization and job etiquette.
- Work closely with community members, other employees, work groups and/or other agencies to ensure an individual’s success within these organizations.
- Ensure open lines of communication with individuals, staff members, and administrator.
- Provide training to individuals in all skills agreed upon on the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Assist the team members to develop a personalized schedule for the individuals assigned.
- Instruct individual as necessary in acceptable social behavior and other areas of training.
- Understand behavior modification techniques and their implementation.
- Data collection and preparation of ID notes.
- Review Behavior Charts daily for progress and accuracy.
- Maintain current progress notes and data counts on the individuals assigned to you.
- Assist individuals in all areas of grooming and personal hygiene skills.
- Have the ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm and caring manner.
- Attend necessary staff meetings and in-service training.
- Participate in recreational activities in a variety of settings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have a valid California Drivers License
- Current auto insurance
- Past care-giving experience (personal or professional)
- Complete pre-employment requirements including in-house training and orientation
- Complete a background check
- High School Diploma or GED
5. Key Competencies
- Knowledge of individuals with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis.
- Knowledge of behavioral issues, including aggressive, non-verbal and self-injury behaviors.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm, caring manner.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, Regional Center, Department of Developmental Services, and of Title 17 and 22.
- Ability to clearly speak English (Bilingual in Spanish and/or the primary language of the individual assigned is a plus).
- Working knowledge and understanding of Individual Program Plans and Individual Service Plans.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels within the organization.
- Self starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Results oriented, sound judgment, service oriented, assertive/persuasive.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects, plus day-to-day activities.
- Have good organizational skills, ability to set priorities, and be flexible based on changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities, teamwork mentality and social perceptiveness.
- Active listening skills with the ability to interact effectively with management.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive, recognize priorities.
- The Behavior Aide works in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequent lifting and/or carrying objects/individuals up to 60 plus pounds is required. Standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, balancing, walking, running, pushing, pulling, and traveling may be required.
- If required to drive, candidate must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid California Driver's License along with proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
- Report any incidents or evidence of abuse or violation of residents’ rights to Administrator and appropriate agencies.
6. Career Path
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network realizes that the Behavior Aide is a vital part of making a difference in the lives of others. We continuously invest in the training and certification of our employees. With constant opportunities for growth and advancement each employee is provided with the tools necessary to advance their professional career. The career path can differ with each individual’s knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. As a Behavior Aide, you will find fulfillment in the positive impact you make in the lives of others.
Behavior Aide • Field Trainer • Field Supervisor • Program Assistant • Assistant Program Director • Program Director
7. MDH Network
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network values and rewards the hard work and dedication of each of our employees. We appreciate our team members and are committed to providing an environment for professional enrichment and advancement opportunities. Fuel your professional growth by becoming a part of the MDH Network today!