MDH Network Employment Opportunities
1. Job Description
Title: Administrative Assistant (Clerical Support)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time
Department: Community Integration Program
Company: MDH-Day Program, Inc.
Reports To: Assistant Program Director, Program Director
Location: Whittier, CA
2. General Summary
Primary responsibility is a variety of secretarial and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently.
3. Principle Accountabilities
1. Performs duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation. Some duties may include:
a. To assist in distribution and circulation of company information to the office staff.
b. To plan and schedule meetings, appointments and reserve conference rooms.
c. To organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
d. To manage assigned clerical projects.
e. To conduct research and disseminate information by using the telephone, web sites, and e-mail.
f. To handle tours and guest arrangements.
4. Primary Objectives
1. To perform assigned clerical duties in accordance with the office procedures.
2. To perform any task which may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
3. Attend meetings and training sessions to develop company related skills.
4. As needed, schedule staff’s daily involvement with consumers’ throughout the week.
5. As needed, schedule consumers’ transportation to and from the Day-Program.
6. Assist in maintaining consumers’ appointments, court dates, inter-agency involvement, volunteer hours, work schedule, etc.
7. Assist in recording consumers’ attendance (Day-Program)
8. Assist in recording staff attendance (Day-Program)
5. Job Specifications
1. Requires limited knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
2. Minimum; High School graduate plus two (2) years of college preferred.
3. Leaderships Skills
4. Good Organizational skills
5. Crisis management skills; Non-violent crisis management and intervention training (CPI, DSP I).
6. Professional Appearance
7. Good communication skills, Verbal/Written
8. 2-5 years experience as receptionist, filing clerk, office/department clerk, administrative assistant.
9. Computer literate: MS Office/Outlook.
10. The ability to speak, read and writes: English and (Spanish is desired).
6. Key Competencies
1. Proven ability to work with a diverse group of people and associates at all levels within the organization.
3. Ability to multi-task
4. Ability to set priorities and be flexible based on changing priorities
5. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted project in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
6. Superior interpersonal abilities.
7. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
8. Good reasoning abilities and Sound judgment.
9. Resourceful and well organized. Detail oriented.
10. Management style: advocate of team concept.
11. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive-but is able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
12. Results and people oriented, but have sound judgment – ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
13. Honesty and integrity
7. Nature and Scope
The greatest challenge in this position is to be involved in the creation of standardized approaches, policies and procedures where none have existed before. The incumbent will be expected to take the initiative in defining areas of need and implementing programs.
This position requires a high degree of people/human relations skills in order to gain cooperation throughout all levels of the organization. The incumbent will work closely with and be functionally guided by the Assistant Program Director, Program Director, President and Owners of the Company.
Start: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
I received, acknowledge and understand all of the above.
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"