MDH Network Employment Opportunities
1. Job Description
Title: Program Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time
Department: MDH-Day Program, Inc. (Community Integration Program)
Company: MDH-Day Program, Inc. (Community Integration Program)
Reports To: Program Director, Assistant Program Director
Location: Whittier, CA
2. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development and implementation of program policies and procedures.
2. Insure the non-discrimination in the delivery of program services and procedures.
3. Insure health, safety and security of program participants/consumers through the services, programs, projects training and events offered.
4. Assist in maintaining the program/s in accordance with the “Department of Developmental Services” (DDS) guidelines.
5. Assist in annual program evaluations in assessing program/s overall effectiveness
6. Create consumer Behavior Charts.
7. Collect data from Behavior Charts.
8. Maintain calendar of consumer’s Semi Annual and Annual meeting dates.
9. Provide calendar to Program Director and Senior Staff.
10. Create all initial, Semi Annual, and Annual reports.
11. Maintain and sustain consumer/s information such as;
a) Involvement in volunteer work,
b) School, Training and Continuous Education
c) Program attendance,
d) Work related issues that assist in report writing.
12. Recommend any changes or additions in consumer schedule/s as needed.
13. Management of Consumer “ID Notes”.
14. Maintain effective and professional communication with all consumers, parents, facility staff, other agencies and regional center staff.
15. Other duties as assigned by Programs Senior Staff.
1. Have a combination of relevant training and experience to competently and consistently organize and supervise the provisions of services in accordance with the program.
2. BA degree or at least 5 years of experience in a related field/subject and/or services. MA degree preferred.
3. Minimum 1 year of supervisory/management experience
4. Minimum 21 years of age.
5. Background in working in the administration of a special services program funded by the Regional Center preferred.
6. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
1. Complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education in the areas related to the administration and management of programs providing services to persons with developmental disabilities:
1. Completed application for employment with all requirements.
2. Copy of a valid California driver's license and/or ID.
3. Dates of employment (verification).
4. Documentation of educational background, training, certificates and/or experience.
5. Criminal records clearance from the Department of Justice.
6. A medical screening/physical and a TB test clearance.
7. Have the physical qualifications to perform the duties assigned.
8. Must have a current First Aid and CRP card
9. Must have a valid California Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.
10. Able to work Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
11. Able to be on-call as needed and/or scheduled.
6. Key Competencies
1. Proven ability to work with a diverse group of people and associates at all levels.
3. Ability to multi-task
4. Ability to set priorities and be flexible based on changing priorities
5. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted project in conjunction with daily duties.
6. Superior interpersonal abilities.
7. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
8. Good reasoning abilities and Sound judgment.
9. Resourceful and well organized. Detail oriented.
10. Advocate of team concept.
11. Ability to establish credibility and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
12. Results and people oriented, sound judgment, service oriented and assertive/persuasive.
13. Honesty and integrity
7. Nature and Scope
This position requires a high degree of people/human relations skills in order to gain cooperation throughout all levels of the organization. The incumbent will work closely with and be functionally guided by the Assistant Program Director and Program Director.
I received, acknowledge and understand all of the above.
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"