MDH Community Integration Program
We provide a self-directed community integration program that promotes self-advocacy and a lifestyle of learning. Each individual in our program possesses a unique potential; a potential to create, grow, learn, and adapt. We focus on empowering each individual in our program to enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful lifestyle. Our program provides each individual with opportunities in self-advancement and community integration. We offer a personalized schedule designed to fit the needs and interests of each individual. Our program supports individuals in gaining the skills needed to find employment, continue education, improve health and wellness, and learn essential social skills.
- Provide each individual with the opportunity to become self-reliant and a contributing member of their community.
- Enhance socialization and communications skills among their peers and community members.
- Encourage individual choices and active self-advocacy that leads to a happy and healthy life.
- Introduce each individual to new activities and experiences.
- Prepare each individual for community integration through educational and vocational opportunities.
- Help each individual to successfully maintain future employment and volunteerism positions.
- Individualized programs utilizing a person-centered thinking philosophy.
- Expedient assessments, service proposals, and expedited implementation of support services.
- Positive learning environments in community settings with consistent and caring support.
- Supports appropriate for interpersonal communication, problem solving, community involvement which are geared towards successful community integration.
- Access to the community through a variety of activities and leisure outings to facilitate personal health and well-being while respecting cultural diversity and individual care.
- Training in appropriate socialization skills within the community for vocational and/or educational settings.
Our program emphasizes learning and maximizes the opportunity for education. Working together with the individual, we develop educational objectives and provide supports to access the educational resources within the community. Staff assists individuals in developing an educational curriculum that aims to foster their personal growth. All steps in the process of pursuing education are supported by staff, such as: registration for classes, transportation to and from school, homework and study.
Our trained staff provide daily instruction to enhance community integration by providing opportunities to learn personal safety, mobility, communication and socialization, vocational options, money management, recreational activities and how to access generic resources.
Pre-Vocational/Vocational/ Employment Opportunity
We teach each individual to access community resources to identify places of employment. We prepare individuals by providing job training that includes: communication techniques, practicing employment duties and emphasizing appropriate work place behaviors. We teach individuals at volunteer sites as well as in competitive settings.
We teach each individual the skills necessary to plan recreational activities of their choice. Each individual also receives the opportunity to plan fitness activities to improve their health and well-being. Staff engages individuals in their choice of exercise and nutritional planning activities.
Our professional and personable staff use person-centered thinking to establish a lasting relationship with each individual as they successfully integrate into their community. Our staff are trained on Universal Precautions, and are certified in CPR/First-Aid and Crisis Prevention Intervention. Our staff also provides support to individuals who may be blind, or have bilingual needs. Our program emphasizes advocacy and ongoing community integration instruction to achieve vocational and educational goals.
For information regarding our Community Integration Program,
MDH - Community Integration Program | Vendor Number: PE2104 | Service Code: 55
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"