MDH Network Employment Opportunities
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network has over 30 years experience dedicated to providing the highest quality care for individuals with developmental disabilities. We believe that in a structured and caring environment where self-worth and individuality are emphasized each individual can grow to his or her fullest potential. We are seeking highly motivated direct support professionals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others. Join the MDH Network team and become a part of a company that values and invests in the professional development of its employees.
1. Job Description
MDH-ILS Program, Inc.
Program Director, Program Assistant, Field Supervisor
As assigned and designated
$12.75 - $13.25 / hour (depending on experience)
2. General Summary
Our Independent Living Services Program utilizes person-centered thinking to develop services tailored to each individual's unique needs. The Instructor assists individuals in making informed choices, promotes self-determination, assists individuals in setting achievable goals, and facilitates access to local community resources. Instructors work to enhance an individual's self worth and encourage the establishment of meaningful relationships and life activities.
3. Primary Accountabilities
- Have the ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm and caring manner.
- Provide training to assigned individual in all skills agreed upon on the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Assist the individual in scheduling behavior training sessions and provide behavior training to assigned individual.
- Instruct individuals, as necessary, in acceptable social behavior and other areas of training.
- Prepare and maintain ID notes, data collection, and Behavior Charts making sure to review daily for accuracy.
- Become knowledgeable regarding assigned individual’s medical condition and history.
- Work closely with community, other employees, groups or agencies to ensure individual success within these organizations.
- Ensure open lines of communication with individuals, other staff members, field supervisors, program instructors, and program director.
- Act as a member of the interdisciplinary team and give accurate input on assigned individuals' performance and progress.
- Understand behavior modification techniques and their implementation.
- Provide transportation to individuals, as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and continuing education trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a valid California Drivers License
- Current auto insurance
- Past care-giving experience (personal or professional)
- Complete pre-employment requirements including in-house training and orientation
- Complete a background check
- High School Diploma or GED
5. Key Competencies
- Knowledge of individuals with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis.
- Knowledge of behavioral issues, including aggressive, non-verbal and self-injury behaviors.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm, caring manner.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, Regional Center, Department of Developmental Services, and of Title 17 and 22.
- Ability to clearly speak English (Bilingual in Spanish and/or the primary language of the individual assigned is a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels within the organization.
- Self starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Results oriented, sound judgment, service oriented, assertive/persuasive.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects, plus day-to-day activities.
- The instructor works in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequent lifting and/or carrying objects/individuals up to 60 plus pounds is required. Standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, balancing, walking, running, pushing, pulling, and traveling may be required.
- If required to drive, candidate must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid California Driver's License along with proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible based on changing priorities
- Superior interpersonal abilities, teamwork mentality and social perceptiveness.
- Active listening skills with the ability to interact effectively with management.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive, recognize priorities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network realizes that the Independent Living Services Instructor is a vital part of making a difference in the lives of others. We continuously invest in the training and certification of our employees. With constant opportunities for growth and advancement each employee is provided with the tools necessary to advance their professional career. The career path can differ with each individual’s knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. As an Instructor, you will find fulfillment in the positive impact you make in the lives of others.
Instructor • Field Supervisor • Administrative Assistant • Assistant Director • Director
7. MDH Network
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network values and rewards the hard work and dedication of each of our employees. We appreciate our team members and are committed to providing an environment for professional enrichment and advancement opportunities. Fuel your professional growth by becoming a part of the MDH Network today!
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"