El Sol Medical Focus In-Home Day Program
At El Sol In-Home Day Program we strive to maintain an individual's optimal health, improve body strength and encourage self-empowerment. By providing personalized supports we aim to maximize an individual's participation in community integrated activities that include work, volunteerism and socialization. The program is flexible and is designed to provide services to consumers who are unable to attend day programs outside of their homes/facilities because of medical conditions that prevent travel to outside programs. The program is an in-home community integrated day program that supports consumers with restricted health care plans or chronic medical health service needs.
El Sol In-Home Day Program will provide one-on-one program support to consumers within their own home/facility. The program services include a variety of activities designed to meet the individual's needs for a healthy lifestyle including; fitness, dietary needs, communication skills training, job readiness and in-home volunteerism. The goal for each individual is to maximize their health condition and to work towards participation in a more active day program. Individuals' health conditions will be monitored and reviewed by professional staff on a daily basis.
- To maintain optimal health and strength to successfully participate in a more active day program.
- To introduce new activities, experiences and skills that support health maintenance.
- To expand an individual's community integration experience.
- To build lasting partnerships with their surrounding community.
- To enhance self-advocacy and one's ability to make choices through appropriate means of communication.
- To provide our individuals with the opportunity to become self-reliant, contributing members of their community.
- Daily observation and monitoring of health conditions reviewed by a registered nurse
- Adherence to Restricted Healthcare Plan protocols
- Education in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Skills Development: including body mechanics and flexibility, audio/visual arts, computer literacy and studio art.
- Communication Skills training with the use of adaptive equipment
- Training through community integration opportunities:
- Social/Recreation: cultural arts, dances, concerts, fitness activities,
- Job readiness orientation, introduction to commerce, and the development of partnerships with local merchants.
- Volunteerism: provide socialization supports for seniors and other community based social programs including animal shelters and local churches.
Our staff are carefully screened and frequently trained on best practices for safely supporting individuals with behavioral and skill challenges with an emphasis on maximizing their safe community integration. Each staff receives training in best practices with person-centered thinking, universal precautions, CPR/First-Aid, and Crisis Prevention Intervention training. We have a director registered nurse, a licensed vocational nurse (LVN), a certified nursing assistant, and trained CPI/CPR/First-Aid staff with previous experience working with developmental disabilities on board to assist individuals in our program.
Vender Info: Contact for Medical Focus Day Program Services below.
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"