Personal Assistant Program
Our Personal Assistance Services program provides one-on-one supervision and support to individuals living in their family home, attending a community integrated program, or receiving Independent Living services. We provide personal assistance with self-help, companionship, maintenance of personal hygiene, and access to the community. All assistance takes place in natural settings within the community and home. This service will be used to assist the individual to access generic resources to appropriately participate in their local community. The Personal Assistant Program, along with the ID team will determine the types and timeframe of supports needed to assure that the individual is stable and safe in the community. Staff are assigned to maximize communication and compatibility with the individuals they work with. All personal assistants follow the Individual Service Plan in the provision of services. We strive to promote maximum community involvement for the individuals we support.
- Provide the necessary supports to improve each individual's current living situation.
- Develop active listening, facilitative communication, and establishing positive relationships between each individual and his or her circle of support.
- Assist each individual to safely access and integrate into the community.
- Support individuals who have needs or challenges that require enhanced supervision in addition to their current staffing ratios.
- Provide companionship and facilitate communication with their circle of support.
- Assist the individual with personal health and hygiene.
- Assist the individual in accessing generic resources within the community.
- Assist the individual in completion of daily living tasks such as laundry, shopping, meal preparation, banking, and housekeeping.
Our staff are carefully screened and trained on best practices for safely supporting individuals with skill and behavioral challenges. Our professional and personable Assistants take pride in supporting each individual in achieving safe community integration. Each Assistant is trained in person-centered thinking, universal precautions, CPR/First-Aid, Crisis Prevention Intervention, and are Direct Support Professional certified. Our Assistants are empathetic to the needs of each individual and work closely with their circle of support to help individuals achieve their personal goals.
For information regarding our Independent Living Services Program,
MDH - Personal Assistant Services | Vendor Number: PE1233 | Service Code: 062
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"