MDH Network Employment Opportunities
1. Job Description
Title: Case Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time
Department: SLS Program
Company: MDH-SLS Program, Inc.
Reports To: Program Director, Assistant Program Director, Program Administrator
Location: Whittier, CA
2. General Summary
Assist in the development and implementation of program/s (SLS, ILS) policies and procedures to provide the necessary supports for each individual to be fully integrated into the community.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Insure the non-discrimination in the delivery of program services and procedures.
2. Insure health, safety and security of program participants/consumers through the services, programs, projects training and events offered.
3. Assist in maintaining the program/s in accordance with the “Department of Developmental Services” (DDS) guidelines.
4. Assist in the scheduling of staff with the appropriate consumer.
5. Have working knowledge of consumers' “Individual Program Plan” (IPP) and “Individual Support Plan” (ISP) and assist in their implementation.
6. Prepare progress reports quarterly and assure that they are submitted in a timely fashion.
7. Responsible for maintaining required records of services provided to assigned consumer.
8. Responsible for accurately maintaining the consumers’ service and assistance logs.
9. Assist in consumers' and circle of support members' training
10. Participate in the admission process when admitting consumers to the program.
11. Receive and review SIR submitted by staff.
12. Assist in the investigation of SIR
13. Have knowledge of consumers and employee's rights and the ability to communicate them.
14. Assure that the consumer has the ability to their ISP as their wants and needs change.
15. Know assigned consumer's medical conditions and history.
16. Assist in contributing accurate input of consumers' performance and progress.
17. Insure open lines of communication between staff, consumers, circle of support and agencies.
18. Assist in annual program evaluations in assessing program/s overall effectiveness
19. Work with other agencies and professionals involved in the consumer's life (i.e., living environment, income/financial support, activities, etc.).
20. Assist in organizing and coordinating fund raisers.
1. Have a combination of relevant training and experience to competently and consistently organize and supervise the provisions of services in accordance with the program.
2. BA degree or at least 5 years of experience in a related field/subject and/or services. MA degree preferred.
3. Minimum 1 year of supervisory/management experience
4. Minimum 21 years of age.
5. Background in working in the administration of a special services program funded by the Regional Center preferred.
6. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
1. Complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education in the areas related to the administration and management of programs providing services to persons with developmental disabilities:
a. Consumer services as described in the program design
b. Promotion of consumer rights, health, safety and social physical integration; and
c. The ID team process, including development and implementation of the IPP/ISP.
d. Recent developments in theory and practice Support Living Services
e. Policies, procedures and practices of the SLS vendor targeted as IPP objectives
f. Identification of service delivery issues an challenges
- Have completed an application for employment, including full name, current address and telephone number.
- Copy of a valid California driver's license and/or ID.
- Dates of employment (verification).
- Documentation of educational background, training, certificates and/or experience.
- Criminal records clearance from the Department of Justice.
- A medical screening/physical and a TB test clearance.
7. Have the physical qualifications to perform the duties assigned.
8. Must have a current First Aid and CRP card
9. Must have a valid California Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.
10. Able to work Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 11. Able to be on-call as needed and/or scheduled.
7. Nature and Scope
This position requires a high degree of people/human relations skills in order to gain cooperation throughout all levels of the organization. The incumbent will work closely with and be functionally guided by the Assistant Program Director and Program Director.
I received, acknowledge and understand all of the above.
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"