MDH Network Employment Opportunities
1. Job Description
Title: SLS - Case Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time
Department: Supported Living Services Program
Company: As Assigned and Delegated
Reports To: Program Director, Administrator, Assistant Administrator, Manager
Location: As Assigned and Delegated
2. General Summary
The MDH, Network has been providing social services to the intellectually and physically disabled population for over 30 years. The Supported Living Services program provides consumers with the highest quality of person centered support. We believe that by providing a structured and caring environment, our consumers have the opportunity to grow to his or her fullest potential.
3. Primary Accountabilities
- Maintaining assigned case load in accordance with the “Department of Developmental Services” DDS guidelines.
- Have knowledge of consumer’s rights according to the Lanterman Act, Title 17, Subchapter 19.
- Have knowledge of consumers’ “Individual Program Plan” (IPP) and “Individual Support Plan (ISP) and assist in their implementation.
- Insure health, safety and security of program consumers and consumers’ assigned staff.
- Prepare in a timely manner progress reports per quarter and annually for each case assigned.
- Assisting in maintaining required records of services provided.
- Assist in consumers’ and staffs’ trainings.
- Conduct and or assist in intake assessment.
- Insure open lines of communication between consume, circle of support, and other agencies.
- Ability to work with resources available outside the agency (i.e. Social Security, Medical, IHSS, food banks, community activities, etc.)
- Have knowledge of employee’s rights and the ability to communicate them.
- Assist in scheduling of staff with appropriate consumer according to … guidelines
- Ability to be on call before and after regular office hours plus weekends.
- The direct care staff shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the ability to speak clear English and the primary language of the consumer (Bilingual in Spanish preferred).
- Have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED).
- Have a minimum of one year recent full time experience in a residential setting working with persons that have a developmental disability and significant challenging behaviors and significant health conditions.
- Familiarity with charting, medication administration and positive behavior support as required.
- A health screening as specified in Section 80065(g).
- Tuberculosis test documents as specified in Section 80065(g).
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of training in the first year of hire and 20 hours per year thereafter of continuing education.
- Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention prior to the provision of services to clients (CPI).
- Must have certificates of successful completion of Direct Support Professional Training years 1 and 2 prior to the provision of services to clients.
- Must obtain a valid First Aid/ CPR certification prior to the provision of services to clients.
- Must maintain a fingerprint background clearance.
- Must have a valid CA. driver license.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Psychiatric Technicians or Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- BA degree in Social Work, Sociology, or Child Development and 3 years of experience in a related field and/or services.
- Background in working in social services programs funded by Regional Center preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
5. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge: NASW Standards for Social Work Case Management, the Lanterman Act, Title 17, Subchapter 19, Generic Resources, Employee Labor Laws,
- Skills: writing, speak professionally, creative, problem-solving, mediate, decision making, leadership, teamwork, self- management, multitask,…
6. Key Competencies
- Proven ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels within the organization.
- Verbal/Written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible based on changing priorities
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects, plus day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities and Sound judgment.
- Resourceful and well organized. Detail oriented.
- Management style: advocate team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive, recognize priorities.
- Results oriented, sound judgment, service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Honesty and integrity
7. Work Schedule
The hours of work include only that time spent by you carrying out duties assigned or authorized by the Employer. Hours of work are scheduled on a variable shift basis depending on the needs of the Employer. What this means is that your hours of work are always subject to change. Our work shifts fluctuate during our 24/7 Sunday through Saturday workweek.
You will be required to complete, a time sheet/card/electronic recording each workday and each workweek, including the start and end of each day and all meal and rest periods. You will be required to adhere to all Company time sheet/card/electronic recording and record keeping policies and procedures.
8. Nature and Scope
The Case Manager will be responsible for coordinating person centered services per case assigned. Person Centered services requires collaboration with different entities in order to put together a plan(s), implement, monitor, and amend, as needed, in order to help a consumer reach his or her set goal(s). This position will play a key role in a consumer’s support team, which includes but is not limited to the Consumer, Program Director, Program Administrator, and SLS Instructor(s).
I received, acknowledge and understand all of the above.
"Dedicated to improving the lives of others"