MDH Network Employment Opportunities
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network has over 30 years experience dedicated to providing the highest quality care for individuals with developmental disabilities. We believe that in a structured and caring environment where self-worth and individuality are emphasized each individual can grow to his or her fullest potential. We are seeking highly motivated direct support professionals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others. Join the MDH Network team and become a part of a company that values and invests in the professional development of its employees.
1. Job Description
MDH-SLS Program, Inc.
Program Director, Program Assistant, Field Supervisor
As assigned and designated
$12.75 - $13.25 / hour (depending on experience)
2. General Summary
Our Supported Living Services program assists individuals in establishing a foundation of stability within their independent living arrangements. We enhance the ability of each individual to live in the home of his or her choice. The Instructor provides one-on-one individual instruction and training to encourage independence at the highest possible level. Instructors serve as advocates and liaisons on behalf of the individuals being supported. Our Instructors strive to develop strong personal relationships with the individuals they support, the Instructor assists in maximizing the individual’s successful community integration.
3. Primary Accountabilities
- Have the ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm and caring manner.
- Work directly with the individual to provide continuous support in their daily routines as directed in the Individual Program Plan.
- Provide training to individuals with household chores, including laundry, light housework and bill paying.
- Provide training with the preparation of daily meals and assist with housekeeping.
- Provide training on completing errands; doctor appointments, grocery shopping, personal errands etc.
- Provide training on all hygiene and self-care needs as necessary.
- Provide assistance with personal care to individuals, including transfer of individuals who are non-ambulatory.
- Collaborate with members of the individual's circle of support to assure that the individual is able to remain in current placement.
- Assist individual with the implementation of goals by having a clear knowledge of the IPP/ISP; Facilitate tasks and support as needed to ensure that the goals of the individual are met.
- Develop community integration activities to help individuals reach IPP objectives
- Acts as an advocate/liaison to support individual’s goals and aspirations.
- Act as a member of the interdisciplinary team, to assure consistency in meeting the individual's needs.
- Ability to travel locally, have an appropriate vehicle for transportation of individuals.
- Prepare daily ID notes in order to document progress.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and continuing education trainings.
- Assist the individual in taking prescribed medication correctly, utilizing the five rights of verification process.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a valid California Drivers License
- Current auto insurance
- Past care-giving experience (personal or professional)
- Complete pre-employment requirements including in-house training and orientation
- Complete a background check
- High School Diploma or GED
5. Key Competencies
- Knowledge of individuals with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis.
- Knowledge of behavioral issues, including aggressive, non-verbal and self-injury behaviors.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to individuals in a warm, caring manner.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, Regional Center, Department of Developmental Services, and of Title 17 and 22.
- Ability to clearly speak English (Bilingual in Spanish and/or the primary language of the individual assigned is a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels within the organization.
- Self starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Results oriented, sound judgment, service oriented, assertive/persuasive.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects, plus day-to-day activities.
- The instructor works in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequent lifting and/or carrying objects/individuals up to 60 plus pounds is required. Standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, balancing, walking, running, pushing, pulling, and traveling may be required.
- If required to drive, candidate must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid California Driver's License along with proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible based on changing priorities
- Superior interpersonal abilities, teamwork mentality and social perceptiveness.
- Active listening skills with the ability to interact effectively with management.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive, recognize priorities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
6. Career Path
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network realizes that the supported living services Instructor is a vital part of making a difference in the lives of others, which is why we continuously invest in the training and certification of our employees. With constant opportunities for growth and advancement each employee is provided with the tools necessary to advance their professional career. The career path can differ with each individual’s knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. As an Instructor, you will find fulfillment in the positive impact you make in the lives of others.
Instructor • Field Supervisor • Case Manager • Assistant Director • Director
7. MDH Network
Mercedes Diaz Homes Network values and rewards the hard work and dedication of each of our employees. We appreciate our team members and are committed to providing an environment for professional enrichment and advancement opportunities. Fuel your professional growth by becoming a part of the MDH Network today!